Buy Domestic Products for Your Pet
With the 2007 international pet food crisis still fresh in our collective memory, dog and cat owners face yet another potential threat—chicken jerky treats for dogs made in China. The FDA is advising people to avoid feeding them to their pets, but as of now, the reason why these ‘treats’ are making dogs sick is unknown.
According to a recent MSNBC report, the FDA only had the capacity to examine 2% of all foods imported into the U.S. in 2010. As a result, the other 98% of uninspected foods could harbor toxins that end up in you or your pet’s belly.
In the face of these recent concerns about contaminated pet products containing ingredients from China, prioritize your companion’s safety by choosing foods, treats and supplements manufactured in North America.
As a practicing veterinarian, safety tops the list of my necessities when recommending foods, treats, medications and supplements for my patients. I only suggest products that I have complete confidence in, that I would consume myself, and that I would give to my dog. From this platform, I strive to encourage pet lovers to scrutinize ingredient labels and question whether a particular product may be safe or harbor potential toxicities. This is especially important for a product that is intended for long-term administration, such as a joint supplement.
One of the reasons I’m most impressed with Flexcin is that they apply the same high standards and human grade ingredients used in manufacturing their human products as they do when manufacturing FlexPet. Because Flexcin feels that dogs and cats are integral members of the family dynamic, its goal is to safely support your pet’s quality of life. This is why Flexcin engages in continuous quality control while producing FlexPet.
Here’s how Flexcin ensures its high standards are maintained in the manufacture of FlexPet:
- Raw materials come from reputable North American sources and are tested for purity.
- Products are manufactured in an FDA approved facility in the U.S. and tested for efficacy.
- Once the products are bottled and labeled, random sampling tests for consistency.
In choosing FlexPet for your dog or cat, you can feel confident that your pet’s safety is the utmost priority during the manufacturing process. After all, healthy, happy and comfortable pets make for companions that feel good enough to love back with the same enthusiasm we give to them.